Thursday, December 25, 2008

My sort of grown up Christmas List,

This morning, Ross and I wrote his letter to Santa. It went something like this:

Dear Santa,
I have been a very good boy this year. I learned how to pee on the big boy potty and I always help grandma clean up my blocks.
I would really like a dump truck. I would also like candy, a horn, and a bell, but the important one is the dump truck.
Merry Christmas!

I believed in Santa for a very long time. Longer than most kids, because my parents needed me to believe in Santa. They didn't want me to ruin Santa for my two younger sisters. I may have been as old as 12 when I finally stopped believing.

I had a burst of nostalgia while sitting under the Christmas tree tonight. What if I decided to believe again, just for the night. Just to preserve the magic of Christmas. What if I snuck upstairs (only after everyone was asleep) and left a letter for Santa where no one would find it.

This is what it may look like:

Dear Santa,
I've been as good a girl as any other year (which I think is pretty good). I know you only bring presents to children who believe, but I've mustered up the strength to believe again this year.
There aren't many things I want but there are a few. Could you leave me a cure to this restless feeling I have? Is there an antidote you can make up in the north pole?
Could you leave me a glimpse of the future, so I might know what career I'm headed toward?
Could you leave me love?
Could you leave me a fun filled New Years Eve?
Merry Christmas Santa,
Lindsay

1 comment:

M. Chase Whittemore said...

not wishing for good grades any more linds?