Monday, April 27, 2009

May 6, come quickly,

Its a funny sort of feeling to have friends across the world.

All week I've gotten text messages painting pictures for me of sipping rum and cokes while looking over the beaches of Zanzibar. Zanzibar isn't like Paris or London in the way that I might see them someday. Zanzibar will probably stay as an experience only they had. It will be a spot I don't ever know. Like some places in London might be just for me.

But now I'm no longer waiting. I'm anticipating. They're coming home. And I missed them.

We've been traveling for a long time. I say we because even the experience of being at school without them has been new and exciting. We will continue to travel, but it will never be as concentrated again.

They had internet a few days ago, and ran through the rain to get to computers and spoke to me while I sat up in bed at three AM, typing quietly so as not to wake my room mate. But I didn't email them days in advance like I sometimes did. This is because everyday they get closer. Everyday the distances between us is shrinking. Traveling to Toronto to fetch them is an event not far on my planner.

Africa, I'm putting you on notice. Send my friends back in one piece.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

6 days!!!!

Heather said...

So much love. Let me just repeat Cate here... six days!!!!!!