Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm a little bit worried.

This worry isn't like my always present worry. The worry that never leaves me. The worry that tells me each and every moment what could (and probably will) go wrong. That worry has a very specific flavor that I have had to recognize and understand isn't leaving.

This worry is something new. Its the more fleeting kind of worry specifically tied to an event or state of mind.

I'm worried because I have so much. When I look at my life I'm crippled by how thankful I am for everything I have. The repeated mantra of my prayers has been an unending stream of thanks. I'm worried because I feel like my life has reached a crossroads. The point right before the climax of the novel that says, "And then our heroine saw that she had all she ever wanted."

I'm worried because some part of me knows a narrator is saying in some dimension I cannot perceive, "Little did she know..."

1 comment:

Frank said...

"the crossroads" is the most exciting part of life. try to enjoy every moment of it.you can wake up right where you left off, but put your head down at the end of the day in an entirely different world.