Monday, April 21, 2008

Only at this point, I believe,

Every moment I live now happens to be bittersweet. I love where I am, and I love who I am with.

I don't know that I have ever felt this way before. I can already see myself holding this memory like a photograph. Looking back through the haze of memory to see my bare feet against the stone steps of the chapel. I can feel the sun on my face. I can look out at my friends playing frisbee on the quad and
remember, while at the same time knowing, that Life is beautiful.

This is only temporary. I know that, I have to force myself to know that. I am living in this beautiful state of euphoria on borrowed time. We literally only have a few weeks. Next semester I will miss out on this because one semester I will be gone and the next semester many of my friends will be gone. I am already antcipating the way my life will rearranging, and the way I will grasp onto the strings of other friendships until they seem natural. This feeling of utter comfort, at spending each day with the same people you have spent your days with for two years will be gone.

I think this is what it comes down to- Right now we are all a bunch of twenty-somethings, gathered together in one place, willing to believe and convince each other that our lives are going to be the wonderful dreams we always imagined them to be.



1 comment:

Caitlin said...

You've successfully expressed what I could not.