Sunday, March 8, 2009

Also side note on how I am building up faith in myself as capable of functioning on my own.

Some days I cook for myself. NO SERIOUSLY.

There's about five things I can make and at least three of them involve eggs as the sole ingredient. So when I decide its too cold/wet/dark to walk up to campus for dinner I'm usually all about Chef Boyardee. Because its rarely any good but at least when I'm eating it I know why it's not very good. It's because its Chef Boyardee. Not because I screwed up a recipe.

But today, you know with the rain and everything, I looked at that can of Chef Boyardee and I was like, no. This shan't go on. I am hungry, and it is not for you.

So I decided I was going to cook for myself. And it was easy, it was cous cous. But you know what, I was sprinkling olive oil like I'd been doing it for YEARS. And then I was like, you know what would be good in this? BASIL. So I threw some basil in there.

(Oh, but I didn't buy that basil. I'm not that gourmet.)

And then all my housemates when to the gym and I had the whole house to myself. So I stretched out like some kind of feline women and felt so good about my home made dinner that I washed my dishes. By hand, like a person who has never owned a dishwasher.

And then I patted myself on the back and was like, "Congratualtions, you conquered winter."

No comments: