Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I have been home one week and four days.

Home.
I've spent a lot of time eating pizza. Sometimes more than once a day.
I've ingested a lot of sugary frozen water.
I have stayed up late.
I have woken up early and watched my brother.
I have tried to find a job.
I have talked on the phone.
I have driven around with my music too loud.
I bought a new pair of sunglasses.

I am happy. Happy is the word I would like to use to describe this emotion.
The problem is, I am also anxious.
Anxious for what I really couldn't say.

I am almost too happy. This happy feels temporary.
And now, I am going to make a silly allusion. An allusion to a blockbuster film that many of my friends have not seen.

In Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Peter says to Rachel that it is good they were hurt so badly.
Now, they have nothing left to fear.
They have already experienced the worst.

I have not experienced the worst. I have much left to fear.
I don't know why, but these are the thoughts in my head as the sun warms my island.
These are the thoughts I choose to ponder while clocks tick everywhere.

How am I ever going to return to school in the fall?

No comments: