Saturday, May 9, 2009

This morning,

(was it really only this morning)
I woke up too early. My things were already packed away in the car.
I rolled over and into clothes.
I hugged a lot of people goodbye.

I hugged people goodbye that I may never see again. People who have played a major role in shaping me and my life the past three years.
They don't warn you about that when you apply to college. That eventually college has to end. That nobody stays in college for the rest of their lives.

Even though this wasn't the end for me, it was for so many people. Tomorrow morning they will put on caps and gowns and do the graduation thing. They will remember everything about their four years at our rural institution fondly.

They never tell you not to make friends with the class above you. When they leave, you might not have many friends left.

No comments: