Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My clothes all smell like smoke,


But not the sour tobacco smoke your mind in conjuring. Oh no. Because I go to Houghton College, I mean ashy woodland smoke.

Because at midnight my room mate and I shut off the light and decided to go to sleep. We did. We were safely in dream land when all of a sudden a loud BANG awoke us.

I thought nothing of it until several more loud bangs soon followed.

"What, exactly, huh?" my room mate bumbled, and I managed to sneak a hand out of my blankets to push the blinds aside.

There were two of our friends throwing snow balls at our window. They conned us into making a fire in the woods with promises of free coffee.

On top of this being the first time I have made a fire, it was the first time I had been caught in the act of doing something against the rules here at Houghton.

Plus, we didn't even really get in trouble.

Now, I might actually go to bed, but not before I think about how satisfied I am that we went. Because I probably won't remember how tired I'm going to be tomorrow in Bio, but I will remember the smell of smoke on my T-shirt when I wake up in the morning.

No comments: