Friday, June 5, 2009

Advice,

Don't worry about the future.
Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind,
The kind that blindside you at 4 pm on some idle Tuesday.

-Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen

This morning I took a large piece of newspaper. I found the largest marker in the house and scribbled these words into its surface. Then I thought about hanging it on the ceiling above my bed, so it was the first thing I saw in the morning.

Then I folded that newspaper and put it away in my drawer.

I have a problem with worrying. I'm a nervous driver, I can't sleep in my basement without a nightlight, and my heart rate is accelerated more often than not while watching my younger siblings. Worrying is not something I struggle with, its a part of who I am.

Summer goal, number one. Stop this nonsense.

No comments: