Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I have a sunburn

Its kind of funny actually.

Yesterday (the first nice day we've had) I dragged my chair outside next to the pool and proceeded to get lost in the music of my iPod while the sun warmed me. I was wearing a new bathing suit and and there was an ice cream truck driving circles around my house. A friend sat with me by the water and it was lovely. Later, I went inside, changed, and vanished for burritos with friends.

I didn't realize until I got home just home red my shoulders had gotten. And quite frankly, I didn't notice until this morning just how red my entire upper body was. I didn't realize until tonight just how much the sunburn stung when I tried to rub aloe on it.

But its okay. Its painful, but its okay. It means summer is here. It means my hair is slowly getting blonder. It means sand will soon be in between my toes.

Ah. Summer.

No comments: