Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I read once,

I read once in a magazine that some celebrity believes that life moves in seven year cycles. That you can see common patterns in your seven year blocks. Common lessons you should be learning, common obstacles you come up against. That you are, in most ways, the same person for a solid seven years, until you shift into your next stage.

I've thought about this a lot lately. If any of it is true, I am close to ending one of my seven year blocks. I am seven months away from my twenty first birthday.

I will allow myself to indulge in this idea for a few moments.

In the years between 14 and 21 I have faced very little tragedy. I do not believe I have been tested to my limits and the idea that this next chapter could hold that is... frightening.

I have always been successful... could this this next chapter hold failure on the epic scale?

Could the things I have been yearning for be found in the next seven years?

My head is full and my heart holds no answers. My God is silent in directions and my feet don't want to move.

1 comment:

Son-Ju said...

Your mom will have another baby. Shit happens.