Sunday, June 22, 2008

If someone were to write a book about us,

The book would have to be written from an outside perspective. I can only imagine that we are that much more fascinating from the third person. To become disconnected from the fine threads of our lives which have become interlaced over time.

The bends and swirls of conversation and action so natural it must seem unnerving.

We, who feel extremely open and compassionate are probably seen as cold and exclusive by those trying to enter in.

I can see the lines typed on the bottom of some off white page between hardcover bindings. It will seem commonplace to some, but it will nail it on the head for others. (I enjoy using literary cliches when it comes to us).

"No one knows quite what to think when it comes to them," she said, her voice barely traveling the few inches to my ears, "they seem harmless enough, but no one can deny they keep to themselves."

3 comments:

Son-Ju said...

I'll be your third party perspective. You hansen hos are insane. And so cold. I hate being around all of you, even those who carry a different sir name. If they associate with Lindsay Hansen, girl who goes to awesome concerts and rubs it into her friends' faces, I hate them.

WickedWitty said...

Can we please remember that had you been home, you would have been with me at said concert.

And ho, you're in Alaska.

Son-Ju said...

Right. But if I was home, let's pretend I'd be mad at you for other reasons. Being mad at you makes me feel closer to you. Love stirs this madness.