Thursday, January 8, 2009

I don't want to leave again

I thought I would be used to these feelings by now.

But it really is true. There is a balance for everything in life. As the good in your life grows, so does the bad. Not necessarily in a "I smiled, and so I stubbed my toe" kind of fashion. Its much more subtle and elegant than that. Its one of the things that I have learned and awed over. A fact so delicate that I am afraid even looking too closely will shatter it to bits.

When I am here, I can breathe. I can look around me and I can love. I can feel unknown echoes sing every time I step out of my house.

But as I have learned those things, and realized how much I can love about here I am being increasingly terrified of losing it. I'm terrified other people don't know how to value it and they will toss it aside. Let it become a part of their past and not dedicate it to their future. I am terrified of people leaving.

I am not like people who say they have faith in the future. How can I?

My present is bright. My present is full of everything I ever wanted, minus one major exception.

No comments: