Sunday, January 4, 2009

I return this evening,

I drank sangria with my aunt and laughed about leering adults. I watched an old movie with a family member who is also a best friend. I laughed, and somehow unleashed a dam and let the crap flow through my head and out my mouth.

I came home, I tied my hair up, and I came down stairs. In the far corner of my room I found a surprise. Not a bad surprise and not a good surprise. Just something there in my room that hadn't been there before. I found a new lamp, poised and ready to be lit. It's stance said to me, "Hello madam, shall I ignite and wait for you to come hither with your latest literary endeavor? I can do wonderful things from that angle."

It somehow brightened the orange of my walls.
It made my mess seem less messy and more charming.

I like this lamp.

No comments: